the goats decided that they wanted to go into the big paddock with the miniature horses and donkeys and thought that it would be even more fun to jump on their backs…
They have become surfaces.
Goats are such adorable assholes
The Eden Project is the largest plant enclosure in the world, built in the lightest and most ecological way possible. The project is situated in a 15-hectare landscaped site, formerly a worked-out Cornish clay pit.
oh hey. My company helped build this.
(It has an ineradicable cockroach problem).
Cockroaches will rule the earth after we’re gone.
Valerie Thomas: Why she kicks ass
- She is a scientist and inventor, who invented the illusion transmitter for which she received a patent in 1980. (This is an invention that NASA continues to use to this day.)
- She went to an all-girls school where she did not receive any training in the sciences. Implicit stereotypes contributed to this, as the girls school did not teach the students about math or science, so she had to educate herself about those subjects. She later attended Morgan State University, and was one of two women in majoring in physics.
- She worked at NASA, first as a data analyst and then moving on to oversee the creation of the Landsat program, then as project manager for the Space Physics Analysis Network and was associate chief for NASA’s Space Science Data Operations Office. She also participated in projects related to Halley’s Comet, ozone research, and the Voyager spacecraft.
- She retired in August 1995 as Space Science Data Operations Officer, serving as manager of the NASA Automated Systems Incident Response Capability and serving as chair of the SSDOO Education Committee.
- She is currently an associate at the UMBC Center for Multicore Hybrid Productivity Research, and also serves as a mentor for youth through the Science Mathematics Aerospace Research and Technology and National Technical Association.
Fuck yes, this shit is happening! #SoReady #FavoriteTime
Guerrilla Gardeners: Hong Kongers are finding inventive ways to grow sweet potatoes, mangoes, and other edible goodies in one of the world’s densest urban jungles.
I want to go to there.
Your mind will be blown for the first time at about a minute in, and then re-blown at the two minute mark.
What can I say. I’m in a mood. I think this might become an ongoing series. Hehe.
Truly breathtaking. NYC-based artist Valerie Hegarty’s artwork often poses as artifacts of art history gone awry.
A very nice card from the awesome people at Safe Routes to School thanking us for supporting the fix-it fairs. The feeling’s mutual. Thanks for supporting us!
Anywhere I want?
AS LONG AS IT’S NOT INSIDE A HOUSE IT’S FAIR GAME. THAT’S HOW I’VE COME TO UNDERSTAND IT.
What about cleanup?
NOT YOUR CONCERN. SOMEONE COMES ALONG WITH A BAG.
I KNOW, IT SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT I SWEAR IT’S TRUE.